Friday, February 02, 2007

Laugh You Useless Idiots, Laugh!

Sorry about the lack of book reviews lately, I've been fumbling through The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and it's pretty heavy stuff. I've been averaging about one WORD per week, so at this rate you'll see my full review of this remarkably shiny book sometime around the spring of 2036.

In the meantime enjoy this recent press conference courtesy of the two guys busted for hanging "suspicious-looking" promotional material for the new Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie in Boston. Here's the full story in case you missed it. This story is an early frontrunner for my Infinte Monkey Award for The Greatest Thing of the Year (The IMAFTGTOTY for those of you who prefer acronyms. Click on it to see last year's winner). Listening to these idiotic reporters fire questions at these guys made me realize two things:

1) I'm glad I studied print rather than broadcast journalism.

2) The war against terrorism is over and the terrorists have won. They have made us so irrationally afraid of the things that go bump in the night that we have lost our sense of humor. And once we've lost that, we've lost everything.

My hat is off to these rebel gorillas of marketing. Not only did they expose a little post-9/11 social ugliness, they answered some pressing questions about hair. That, my friends, is funny.

No comments: