Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday Musings: February 3, Me 0


Karma (noun): Hinduism, Buddhism. action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation.

I've been a very bad person. Perhaps in a previous life I was some sort of murderous felon or despotic dictator. How else to explain the ass-kicking I have recieved by fate this past three weeks? Karma is a bitch....Here's an accounting:

Week one: Bad Breakup. Unexpected loss of a great relationship.

Week two: Dog breaks leg. Surgeon unable to repair it. Amputation. I am now the proud owner of three-legged dog.

Week three: My Mom (I do have one, contrary to popular opinion) is involved in nasty car accident. Jeep is destroyed. She's okay, but looks and feels as if she just went three rounds with Tito Ortiz.

I realize that fate is a cruel mistress who normally doesn't parcel these things out in small, manageable portions, but this is the karmic equivalent of "shock and awe". Okay....I surrender! No need for a ground offensive! I never actually had any WMD's, but that never stopped anyone before....Why would I be immune?

I'm gonna go lend a hand at the homeless shelter now. Maybe on my way down there I'll stumble over the cure for cancer or something. Anything to convince Karma that I'm not the guy it's looking for. I'm even going to skip the usual insult to my readers that I would normally end my post with....See, look....No insult! Pansy. Damnit! I couldn't help myself. Okay Karma, bring it on! What else ya' got!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection." - Thomas Paine

Twerzle said...

There are times in everyones' life when the words from that great truthteller Forest Gump really rings true,,,,"Shit Happens" is one that I cling to daily.

All kidding aside doll, I'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it lately, hang in there kiddo cause it could SO be worse ;)