Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Hour

Host: George Stroumboulopoulos

I should probably be sleeping right now, instead I'm working on my list of "the top five people with whom I would love to have a beer". My avid readers out there -both of them!- can probably guess who is currently sitting in the number one spot. The man pictured above just made number two. Lucky him! When is a good time to call you and set it up George? Tommy isn't returning my calls...Sorry, in case you are not one of my two avid readers, here is the list so far:

1. Tom Robbins
2. The guy with FIVE! syllables in his last name and host of CBC's The Hour

You may have noticed that I didn't post a video clip of the show in question. The reason for this is quite simple: I want you to actually watch this show, not just "You Tube" it. Remember your poor, neglected television? He does still have a couple of things worth watching and he misses you. Here's a link to the offical website you lazy bastard. Do I have to do everything for you?

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/

Check it out? Back already? Good. Did you happen to notice the casual way in which George conducts interviews with fascinating people? His intimate relationship with the camera? His personal ramblings and general accessibility? It's almost like watching a close personal friend fumble brilliantly through an hour of television, after daring him to do it at a drunken party the night before.

This is Canada's own Jon Stewart at the top of his game. Mixing pop-culture with heady politics in a style all his own. Give an hour of your time to The Hour. You won't regret it.

Score: 12/12 CANADIAN monkeys

No comments: