Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hate Me

Blue October - Hate me

Take the gun out of your mouth and sing along!

Artist: Blue October

Ah Texas; the state that gave us George W. Bush and 355 executions since 1974 is not known for it's "sensitive" side. Then along comes Blue October singing about longing, regret, and unrequited love. I'm kinda' surprised they haven't been shot and dragged behind a horse. Well, even if Texas doesn't appreciate them, the rest of the world sure does judging by the success of this single which peaked at number 2 on Billboards Modern Rock Tracks chart. I dare you to listen to this song and NOT think about some failed relationship or some chick/dude that ripped your heart out. For those of you that are -like myself- cold and dead inside, you'll have to take my word for it. Ten of my monkeys wept openly while re-writing this song.

Score: 10/12 monkeys

No comments: