Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hello Vista. Goodbye Four Hours of My Life.


If I happen to run into Bill Gates in the near future, I'm going to kick him in the balls and demand that he compensate me for all the valuable drinkin' time I lost while jamming this new operating system into my computer. That's right, I said JAMMING. You see, Vista comes packaged with a crowbar, a hammer and a bottle of vodka. The instructions read: Drink vodka, hit yourself repeatedly with hammer, jam Vista in with crowbar. I asked the nice girl at the computer place why the crowbar was necessary. She just laughed and said: "You'll see....".

After finally getting the monster installed, it proceeded to lay the smackdown on several programs that it had issues with. It told me, in no uncertain terms, that I had to uninstall about three pieces of software, otherwise it would cry, run away, and frame me for a murder I didn't commit.

Four hours, three calls to tech support and two bottlles of vodka later I was up and running Windows Vista! It's just like Windows XP but with a really fancy-schmancy aquarium screen-saver. Was it all worth it? Damn straight it was. I loves me the aquariums.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lamer use linux you big asshole

Anonymous said...

Sure, linux is the answer to everything, including how to avoid contact with the opposite sex.
Answering "I have a problem with my new Ford" by saying "You should have bought GM" is about as useless as your nads.

Good post monkey boy.